Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Korean Food – Part 1

As you all probably know by now, I enjoy Korean food.. :) Not only me, but my family as well, so I make a point to look for cheap & good Korean dinning places, and also to learn to make some Korean dishes.

Here is just an update of my Korean cooking class held at Han Seung Restaurant at Square 2.
The dishes were fairly simple to make, but I only managed to make the Jap Chae at home. The kids loved it, and Eve can eat a whole lot on its own. It is very much like our fried been Hoon except the noodles used are different. I make a less complicated version that what I was taught…basically cos I don’t have so many variety of ingredients at home! Do experiment with it by changing the veg or the marinate. :)

The ingredients & cooking method is:

(1) Slice mushrooms, carrots, capsicum ( any colour), onions – into strips. Try to make them about the same length. Pan-fry all and keep aside.

(2) Spinach ( par boiled with salt & oil. Once it is boiled, rinse in cold water. Squeeze out the water and marinate with soya sauce and sesame oil).

(3) Marinate beef strips with soya sauce,sesame sauce & pepper, then pan fry.

(4) Boil noodles in water which has soya sauce added ( about 4-6 table spoons). Drain when cook and set aside.

(5) Add chop garlic to oil, add in vegetables, noodles, beef and mix well. Add soya if desired.

SNC00036 SNC00039

SNC00046SNC00043

Bibimbap Jap Chae (My fav Korean side dish)

No comments: