Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Story of Time - 光陰的故事

image

The most recent drama that I am watching is NOT a Taiwanese idol series, but more like those TCS drama about Chinatown…haha! This story talks of a village in Taiwan and about the families that live there..(more details). I started to watch bits and pieces of it when ever I manage to catch the repeat on cable 255 at night. It is really enjoyable! The acting was great – I think this is partly due to the great cast as there were many veteran actors in the series, and the younger actors have done some acting work, so none of them were ‘green’ like many in idol series.

image image image image

The plot was nice, with a good balance of human drama, humour, family & neighbourly relations and of course romance. I think the biggest draw for me was to see a side of Taiwan that I didn’t see before in the other dramas – how real people live as this story is written about a real place where the producer of the series lived. It does add a touch of reality to the show. There are a couple of themes in the story arcs that are quite nice – like one of forgiving and moving on ( for one family with an abusive father), about letting go ( of a long held crush), believing that happiness is the ability to be contented with what you have, and life as a series of MCQs - we make the best choice we can at the moment. It may not be what you want, but once it is made, we try not to regret what has happened. I think it has a more robust plot then most shows on TV these days! ( I realised I am not very good at conveying how good this series really is….sigh…just go watch it!)

On top of that, it has a great soundtrack! :)

Here is a clip of the “ending song” which has a soft-rock edge to it.

Happy Viewing!!

No comments: