Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Black Rain

I was in HK for a couple of days before my work started. I went with my aunt and sis. It was a good time of catching up with my aunt especially cos we have been rather busy of late, and have not really chatted for a while. It was good to be able to be "tai tai" and go for afternoon tea after shopping!

The weather was pretty bad for the inital 2 days that we were there. It rained rather heavily, and there was a lot of flooding especially in the rural areas. In HK, when they have heavy forcast, they would start a "Rain warning' system. It starts from Yellow to Black...and when it is Black, schools would be closed, and some shops would also not open. ( think of it as equal to the #8 Typhoon warning but the rain version!) We lived in Central/Mid-levels so we thought it would be ok. However, when we went down town the next day, some of the roads were 'ripped' open...it looked like a diasater area. The highway to the airport was closed due to flooding.. we were just very blessed to have arrived the day before the Black Rain. But that didn't stop us from venturing into Yuen Long with Eva ( our friend in HK). It was quite an experience!!

I bought many many things.....but manage to come home with only 16kg of luggage ( I am rather proud of that!!). Some photos to share....food pics....and also photos of my beautiful sister ( she made me write this!).

My sis Min & I at Maxim's@ City Hall for Yum Cha










Satay Squid Salted & pepper Hotpot@ TST

No comments: