Monday, November 26, 2007

Pancakes for You and Me....

Pancakes for Daniel in his Spider man plate

Daniel loves to take samples at the supermarket...the food kind. Daniel has NEVER been shy about taking samples at supermarkets. He is known for waiting patiently in front of the promoter until they notice him and gives him a sample....he would even go back for seconds!!
Daniel made me get 2 packets of Japanese pancake mix yesterday. I had resisted it last week when I was with him at the supermarket last week. He pleded with me this week and I admit I was too weak to resist him. It all started with the clever promotion of the sales lady who "enticed" Daniel with free samples of the pancakes that she was making...and he was hooked. He started to whine...I hate whining.....I walked away from Daniel and left him with his daddy. I realised I shouldn't have done that cos Daddy's resistance is even weaker then mine!!! So that's how I ended with 2 packs of Japanese pancake mix. Daddy's rationale was that it is cheaper to make Daniel pancakes at home ( even if they are pricey Japanese ones) than bring him to the yellow arches!! :P

Since we got the pancakes, I made him some this morning before I left for work. He was so excited and even volunteered to help. He also suggested putting in some cheese ( which was really nice!). So here is my happy son with his pancakes ( still in his "Sleepy Dinosaur" pjs!).



No comments: