Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Another year has come again....


I turned older last week...yeap...the annual day to mark how long you have been around has come & gone. I think as I get older, the day became more simple & ordinary. Comparing to the fan-fare of my kid's birthday celebration ( Daniel had 3 birthday cakes! One for school, one for family and one for his Sunday school class)..mine was VERY simple ..but nice. :). We didn't even manage to get a cake..even if was just to allow the kids to blow out the candles.


It was like another other day..I had class hence I didn't take leave and spent a good day in class. There were no flowers delivered to my office like the previous years, partly cos I asked him not to send it. This is also a first, cos I love flowers and would want them for any occasion. Not this year though. He just made reservations at
Long Bar Steak House at Raffles Hotel..A restaurant we both like..mostly cos we both like a good steak :)


Steven didn't get me any present...BUT more than made up for it when he took me to
Tiffany and said I could pick anything :) Of course..being the nice person that I am...I was mindful of his budget...heehee..although I did give him a slight scare by going over to the diamond jewellery section and hang around trying on several rings for a while.....I finally picked a silver cuff which matched the silver ring he got me for Christmas last year. The best bit of the present though...was being able to walk out of Tiffany with the cuff on my wrist! Doesn't this just sound like the movies?? Which woman can resist the pale blue paper bags and the contents that it comes with?


Thanks Dar for making this birthday special! :)

No comments: