Thursday, May 21, 2009

Over Boys Over Flowers

Ok, I got persuaded into watching this K-Drama ( thanks Jess! :P). I was planning to watch it, but not so soon. I must qualify though…even though I did get to the last episode, I skipped a few episodes and forwarded much of what I considered “boring” bits.

It is a familiar story which has been made into drama twice, so nothing much can be said of the storyline. I was quite surprised though with the acting of the leads as I thought the main point to this drama was the “visuals” – nice clothes, nice scenery, nice eye-candy… rather than the acting. The leads (Lee Min-ho & Koo Hye Sun ) did a pretty decent job. I must confess that I have never really liked the storyline very much as I find the “couple-in-love-can’t-be-together” theme “stressful” to watch even if it did have a happy ending with a large amount of eye candy!! I don’t like much angst when I am in “dramaland” and this show does have a lot of those moments ..sigh.

The soundtrack was also quite nicely done. I like SS501’s music ( and I didn’t realised that Ji Hoon Sunbae is in that group until much later!) and have discovered a new group AST’1. The music is great, even though some of the instrumental pieces seems oddly familiar…like from “Goong” soundtrack.

Here is a nice MV from youtube with one of my favourite scenes. ( The one one being the last episode when KJD fell into the pool waiting for GJP to remember…that is the only scene I re-watched! ha!) Enjoy :)

1 comment:

SubLim3 - SeekerforU said...

Boy over flowers is overrated by the handsome guys charming off the girls.

Got many other dramas acted by people with much more capability were not appreciated by the poeple nowadays and I'm sadden by it.

Curses and swears to such dramas trying to win the teenagers.