Thursday, May 21, 2009

4 guys & me

Last Friday I took the day off to run a couple of errands and attend the “Parent-Teacher Conference” at my kid’s school.( One would wonder how much is there to talk about for a 3 & 6 yr old…but hey…I suppose I should be grateful that the teachers want to communicate with the parents!). It was also the day I had 4 dates with 4 guys!

Date 1 : Daniel

After dropping my daughter at her Chinese class, Daniel and I headed down to Shaw House for breakfast.  He was asking  for MacDonald's when I dragged him off to this cafe next to THE CANTEEN ( can’t remember the name of the shop now…will try and fill it in later!).  We had a great breakfast! We had a plate of of muffin, croissants & Danish pastry and another plate with the usual breakfast items of toast, eggs, sausages, tomatoes with cheese and bacon. And it came with a glass of orange juice for $13.50!  Yummy!! Daniel loved it and declared that he wanted to bring his sister and daddy there as well!


Date 2: V

My dear friend V is going to Macau to work as a musician at one of the big hotels there! It is really an opportunity of  a lifetime.  He was at a point where he was considering his options as an educator in Singapore, and the call came.  I am really happy for friends who get to do something that they want to do, even if it means leaving home for a while.  This past year alone, I have sent off 2 friends – one to Bhutan, and another to Japan to pursue their dreams.  At times like these, I ask myself what my dream is, and if I could give up what I have here just to achieve it.  My answer has always been – yes…if I was younger.  But age should not stop me right? Maybe not now…someday..God willing :)

Date 3: A

I took my nephew A to an SSO concert that evening.  I had been meaning to watch a concert for a long time, but just didn’t have the motivation to actually get the tickets.  My nephew mentioned that he wanted to attend to…so I got myself a partner!  It was a nice evening of music and getting to know my 18 yr old nephew whom I usually just meet at family occasions a couple of times a year.   During our conversation, I realised that while I like to think that I am youthful in thought, but in reality, I tend to base my opinions on my experience and it seems so much more ‘weighted’ compared to the more carefree ( in a positive way) options of my nephew.   I guess that is really what it meant by “Youth” right?

Date 4 : Hubby S

After dropping A, I went home to my final date for the evening! With my dearest S! We went out for a mid-night movie – Angels & Demons!  This is the first time in a long time that he actually initiated a movie night as he has been very busy with work.  He actually bought the tickets as well …I was impressed!  This was the best date for the whole day cos I could just “follow” along as I didn’t initiate the date! ha!  But really, this was the best date as he is everything rolled into one – Family, friend, love. Plus he is the only one that I can whine to right? :)

No comments: