Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Epcot Centre - Future or Passe?


I had one free day for R&R while I was at Orlando and decided to visit Epcot centre instead of Disneyworld cos the kids were not there. And to be really honest...it is cos I am a geek, and like all these space thingy. :) It was not cheap ok! The admission ticket cost me almost S$100!! But I thought since I was there, I might go do something that I can't do anywhere else...so off I went to the "future"!

There were quite a few interest rides that were fun...like Soarin, Fast Track & Mission Space. I tried Soarin when I was in US in 2001 at California Adventure, so I was happy to get the Fast Pass and waited for my turn! Fast Track & Mission Space were fun too...Fast Track was about a car test track, and Mission Space was a simulation for a blast off!

The other part of Epcot - World Pavillion showcased many different cultures and of course FOOD! Since it was the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, I bought many many snacks and food item to eat along the way....they were all yummy!!










Beef from Argentina, Potato & leek soup!


There were also quite a few interesting pavilions to visit. They try and replicate the real buildings, and I thought the few that were quite well done was the Moroccan, Danish & Chinese Pavilions :)












Anyday at a Disney theme park has to end with the fireworks! So here is a clip of the fireworks for the night!


On an ending note: Although it was a generally nice theme park, I thought it was very dated. Many of the films they shown were clearly from the 90s, and it is ironic considering this park was to showcase the future world....it was more like "Back to the future"! They should update this place.....

No comments: