Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Me Time!

I am in desperate need of "ME" time.

If you recalled some blogs back, I was lamenting the loss of my long drive to work with this new job. Now my live revolves around Clementi Road as my work place is about 1.5km down the road (literally!). The routine has changed with Steven & I dropping the kids at school & my mom's, the Steven drops me off at work before heading down the same road to his work place. ( see we live & work near each other :)) While this seems like a great arrangement especially with the soaring petrol prices, I have lost valuable "me" time.

I realised I don't spend time by myself anymore...at least not as much as I like. I am constantly with my family & colleagues. Not that it is bad, but I find that I am not having some "space" where I can be on my own to do..just whatever I like. I know this sounds selfish, but for me, it is important for me to recharge so that I can do better stuff in future. And I am not getting alot of it at the moment.

It reminds of of this Jap drama that I was watching the other day. This typical office lady is highly efficient, and good at her job. She is elegant, dresses well and is admired for her ability to work under pressure and yet look beautiful at the same time. But at home, she is a totally different person. She is messy, and only wears T-shirts & track pants. Her favourite thing to do is to lie at the porch with tid-bits, magazines, beer and her cell phone all around her. To her, the home is where she can relax and not be bothered by the 'standards' that others have imposed on her or in her case..her image. Home is where she can be herself, recharge so that she has the energy to conquer the world again.

While I am not going to turn into a mess at home, I do feel that I need to recharge and energized myself for the coming week. At the moment, it is not easy to come by...but I hope that I would still be able to find the 'space' where I can do that again.

No comments: