Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Help! Family Time Needed!

It has been a long tims since I posted, cos my work has gotten busier since I tendered my resignation! And I thought I would be in ORD mode....sigh...I guess that is not happening at all. I am looking forward to my 2 weeks break in between jobs though....I will attempt to be FULL TIME mom. I have already signed up for programmes with Evelyn for the 1st week of the school vacation...I think I need to spend more time with her...

I don't think I have been a very good mom...to begin with, I don't spend a lot of time with my kids during the week. By the time we get home and have dinner, it is about 8 plus in the evening, and by 9:30pm, the kids are getting ready for bed. The only time that we have spend as a family is on Sat, when we take Daniel for his swim class, and then we go for breakfast (without my helper). It is the only time in the week where only 4 of us are together. I guess this is what they mean by quality time? I really don't want to have my kids grow up to be "strangers". I am more confident of my relationship with Daniel cos he did have our undivided attention for 3 years before Evelyn came along. And poor Evelyn has always been relegated to my helper whenever Daniel seeks our attention. I feel like I "owe" Eve some TLC cos I want her to know that we love her just as much :P

No comments: