Monday, March 31, 2008

Catching up

Yes, I did say that I was busy this few weeks, but I manage to take some time off to attend a friend's wedding in KL. I had intended to fly up on Sat, stay over night at PS's and then fly home on Sun as I thought it would be IMPOSSIBLE to Steven to take care of the kids for more than 24 hours! ( Note : Maid is back in Philippines on leave). However, he suggested that since it was a long weekend, we can all go to KL. :) So off we flew to KL!

I had a good time catching up with lots of friends as we had a informal gathering on Fri and the wedding dinner on Sat. The dinner on Friday was good, cos we managed to catch up with friends that we have not seen for years (like before marriages & kids kind of long..). We also realised that dinner conversations now is more challenging as you are trying to feed the kids, keep them from running around the dinning table, or fighting for the same toys! We had a more "decent" time together on Sat cos we didn't bring the kids ( I left my crying daughter with her brother & father!! :P).

But that is just the "surface"....it was really nice to be seeing all these friends again after all these years. Most of us are married with children, and we were all quite happy living our own lives. I think non of us would have imagined the gathering we had with all of our kids. In all the catching up, I heard good news & bad ones too. It was sad to hear that one of my friends from Uni had passes away 2 years ago from child birth. She was my age, and had just delivered triplets. We didn't keep in contact very much after returning from Australia but I did remember meeting up with her once when I went to KL and she took me shopping at 1 Utama. Things have certainly changed......

Life is fragile but it is also beautiful.

No comments: