Monday, March 3, 2008

Are holidays really holidays?

I think my colleagues and I are all thinking the same thing....it is suppose to the term holidays but why do we feel like we have more work to do than during the semester? I guess this is called the "let's-wait-until-hols-to-do-all-the-work" syndrome. I know this sounds silly, but I much prefer term time. Although we have to go for classes and grade within 3 days, the routine allows us to plan work around our classes. But not during the holidays....we don't have the routine, and we have been attending endless meetings.. Today alone, I spend the morning in 2 meetings, and would probably have a third had it not been for some one being not available at the last minute. Why do we torture ourselves so? Sometimes I really don't know....all I know is that no matte what happens, the work still have to be done, and we still have to "hand-up" our work. See...who says you only have work to hand up when you are a student?

The "work" for adults is endless. Sometimes I feel tired just thinking about the things that I have to accomplish by the end of the school holidays...but it will have to be done..so...no more distractions for a while....back to work!

No comments: