Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chinese New Year is coming......

Can you believe that we are at that time of the year already? It is the "dusty" season when you discover the nooks & corners that you have not cleaned in the last year and realised that you need to do something about it. I used to wonder why we have to clean so much for CNY, but now that I have a household to run.....CNY is like a "check-point"....if you had been lazy and not clean, packed, tidied in the last year...it is time to do so!

The weeks before CNY is also a busy time to buy CNY goodies, calculate money to change for ang pows & just making sure that the whole family has new clothes!! At this moment, only the last bit is done cos Steven & I managed to get our CNY clothes last week at Centrepoint ( I paid for his, and he bought me mine :))..and my kids have new clothes to last time from day 1 to day 7!!

Steven and I are planning to buy the "food" stuff this weekend. And we know we are going to spend a lot of Bak Kwa. We can't help it....we LOVE bak kwa!!!! And eating them during CNY is really something :)) So we are quite prepared to fork out what ever ridiculous price that the Bak Kwa sellers are giving us. Then we need to get the mandarins as well. I will need to make sure that we have prepared goodies to give to his family & my family too ( YES, we are really traditional!!!).

This year, I will also attempt to make some goodies for CNY...agar agar & a vegetarian dish which I LOVE to eat. Let's hope I actually get to do EVERYthing I said I would do! :)

2 comments:

Chunnie said...

sounds exciting! u have the recipe for the vegetarian dish to share? is it the lor han chai thingy? keep ur entries coming.. it's really interesting to know what other friends r doing for CNY.. :)

Hui Leng said...

Hihi!!
Yah..but my mom say she may do it without me.....:( So I will still with making agar agar this time...and maybe the braised mushrooms...:)