Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In Suburbia….

If you were wondering why I have not updated this blog, it was because I was quite tied up with training for the past 2 weeks.  Training will resume again next week. Before that, I must put up something here right?

In the recent weeks, we have found a new hunt for our shopping needs! The new Jurong Point! It is located at Boon Lay MRT station. This was the place that Steven and I went to when we first started to date as it was near his office.  It was also here that we got “discovered” by his colleagues….hai…..

The new Jurong Point is really quite different from the place that we went to years ago! The new extension is as big as the old mall, so this means, there is twice the amount of shopping space! Here are a list of my favourite shops…

(1) Lai Lai Hong Shao Niu Rou Mian
I LOVE the food here! This is because they have my favourite food here – Pig Intestine vermicelli. Yummy!! When I was in Taiwan, I had to eat it every night.  It was a good thing that I stayed at Ximending where the shop is.  Now that I have found similar food in Singapore…I am a happy person. :)

(2) Icing Room
This is a place the kids would love! They have small cakes coated with white cream…and YOU can decorate it as you please with the coloured cream piping!  This is a great way for the kids to decorate a birthday cake for family or friends without destroying the kitchen! The kids all seem to have lots of fun. Daniel is asking me to bring him there to make one for his daddy’s birthday. ( I think daddy’s birthday is just an excuse….)

(3) 24 Hour Fairprice Hypermart
I know it is cheap trill….but I like to say I want to go shopping at 11pm at night, and there is a place that is open!!  Steven and I can actually go to JP for a midnight movie and finish off the evening with grocery shopping at the Hypermarket too! :))

In the coming weeks, maybe I should head out to Tampines as well….I hear there is a new mall there!! :) 

No comments: